Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Okay, so here are some updates: I stalled a bit trying to figure out the clearance between the DCT and the trans tunnel. Then, I had a trashcan fire in my garage, which, lucky for me, caused mostly smoke damage. Lesson learned. Watch what you throw in your trash cans. The day after that, my AC drip pan in my house rusted through, flooding the upstairs of the house. This was already on top of work kicking my rear.

Anyway, back to the good stuff. The speech subframe moves the engine up an inch to an inch and a half from the factory subframe with Holley mounts. The suspension points also increase to allow for a lower ride height. The DCT transmission is about the same length as the T-56 but significantly more girthy. The largest challenge was the mechatronics cover on the passenger side of the transmission. It was also pretty tight around the bell housing area. Had I installed the firewall and tunnel with the DCT already in place, it would not have been that big of an issue.

Just as I was about to cut most of the transmission tunnel out to make it all work, another opportunity presented itself. An air-shifted Quaife 69G popped up for sale. Before going with the DCT I had originally wanted to go sequential. However, I had just received the rear end back from GearFX, where they installed 2.47 rear gears to work with the 1:1 7th gear on the DCT. It would have been a lot of stuff to sell/change. After looking at the ad for a few weeks I decided to reach out and see if the owner of the Quaife had any interest in the DCT gear. And.... He was. He had a build coming up and needed about 90% of the DCT gear I had. We made a deal to do a swap. To further add to my luck he had a friend who lived just north of my traveling to him a few weeks later who could just transport everything for us. Deal done.

Name:  IMG_3746.JPG
Views: 198
Size:  266.2 KB

I got the subframe powder-coated and began the final assembly. I previously ran Baer SS4 rear brakes/calipers. They would not work with the new Miller Built bolt-on free-float axle kit. I ran across a local guy selling a rear set of 6S calipers and rotors off a 350z. I had to change the brackets and hats but Jason from Miller Built was also helpful in sourcing those. Additionally, the Hugger orange brake calipers were just not going to work with the new wheels, so that had to change.
      Attached Images Attached Images              

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com