Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: New to the site

New to the site

Hi all, I'm new to the site, I have a 69 Camaro SS with a ZZ502 crate engine, muncie 4 speed, power steering, tubular control arms (unknown brand), and 4.11 rear. I am slowly updating and improving things as I go. All the work was done by a previous owner, and I bought the car at an auction so I don't have all the details on what was done, or when it was done. The serial numbers on the crate engine is from 2003, and a lot of the parts seem to be around that era (zoops power steering pump, cd changer in trunk, etc.)

Currently I need to replace the control arm bushings so I am considering going with del-alum bushings if i can figure out if their grease passage will work with the grease fittings in the control arms I have. Also considering going with offset shaft on the control arms to help increase negative camber with less shims (currently have 7 shims in rear and 6 in front of passenger side for -.5 degrees camber, and still only +2.6 caster).

I also want to see if I can get a better fitting set of headers as the hooker headers that are in it have little clearance to the rear passenger control arm bolt, and the pitman arm on the drivers side occasionally hits the header even with the dent they had to put in it to install, also the bottom of the headers are all dented due to ground contact.

Once I get all that sorted out I want to rewire the whole car as I think the wiring is original (its old either way), I have the american auto wire fuse block and wiring kit, and when I do that I am considering swapping it to efi. I have a spare Holley HP EFI computer that I took out of my drag car when I upgraded it to a dominator EFI, so I am toying with the idea of mounting the HP EFI in the trunk, installing an in tank retrofit efi fuel pump, getting the holley efi throttle body that fits in place of a carb, and swapping the intake manifold to one that can accommodate fuel injectors, then i would need a crank and cam trigger, O2 sensor, and I'd look to go with the moroso ignition coil mount brackets to use LS coils on a big block. Again this is just an idea.

Someday I'd consider ridetech's 4 link and trusteer also.

If anyone has any advice for headers, or handling improvements to be made I'd appreciate it.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com