Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

69 camaro 22inch or 24inch rear rim

Hey guys I am trying to figure out how to fit 22inch or 24inch rim in the rear do I have I to use mini tubed or full tub and whay else I need to do to make this happen any help thanks

Minitubs are to accommodate wider, not taller, tires and wheels.
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

This the look you're going for? Gonna take a lot of metalwork to stuff those in, plus a narrowed axle. You're also going to need a one-off suspension as none of the factory stuff is going to work. A Camaro factory wheel track is about 59 inches, so removing 30 inches from that leaves you 29 inches to stuff the rear suspension in. The front suspension will also need a lot of work, and you may wind up needing a full frame to do this. Handling will also be a real challenge with the suspension mostly inboard on the car. Suspension works best at the corners, not from the middle. It would be better suited as a drag racer, but I'd not want to hit a hard corner in it. I doubt there would be a back seat either, as those wheels dig deep into the seating area.

Here's a pic on a 69 Camaro on 24x15 wheels.

This youtube link shows who built it, might get advice on what it takes there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMfp0OK8D_g

19/20s would be a lot easier to fit in, and would look pretty good.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

I wouldn't do 24x15 maybe 24x12 or 22x12 the car look great some people said full tubes some say mini tube if I wanna fit the 24in and they have back seat with mini tubes

Looking good and still being a functional car are 2 very different subjects, and one of those subjects is very opinionated..
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

I have seen the camaro first gen with 22inch now what he did to make them fit I have no idea would any know or point me out on the right Direction thanks

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com