Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Country Flag: United States

Goin' Big because I only got one shot at this

Good Morning, and welcome to the Intergalactic Headquarters of Stupider Than We Look Racing. Well, kinda, some might see it as just a big ol’ pole barn, but for me, I GOT PLANS. We’re currently getting the engineering to confirm adequate structure to support 150# snow loads (did I mention we see occasional ummmm weather events here? Like about 160 inches last year.) We anticipate construction start probably in late April/earlyMay after the ground dries out a little.

So I have a big, empty toy box that I need to fill. The leg off to the side is pretty committed (think in terms of a big dance floor…er, office over an area that will include my limited, but hopefully increasing, number of shop tools.

Two items I want to have are a 2 post lift and a moveable 4 post lift. Looking for suggestions on where to permanently site the 2 post lift to make sure I get the floor thick enough (I figure since this is my first shot w/ a 2 post- learn from others.)

I welcome any input suggestions, advice, criticism. The internal configuration is kind of open-ended at this time. Thanks in advance for your help.

Name:  Plan View.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  135.9 KBName:  Front Endwall.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  48.0 KB

I was trying to get a picture of the topography of the area, but I'm in Apache Junction AZ right now trying to get my late Father-In_law's house in order to sell, and it appears that Verizon takes a dim view of providing cell service in the area. Will edit to add a picture when the phone starts cooperating with me

Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com