Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Do you ever just hate your car???

Hey guys,

There are days I think swapping my 70 mustang out for a C6 Z06 and calling it a day is a good decision. Yes, I would miss the attention at the gas station and the sheer rawness of the car but today I hate my car.

I have been working on the car nonstop for the last couple years since I have bought it. If I listed the amount of work i have done it would be 50 lines deep, yet the car still isn't nearly as good as it should be. The brakes are manual and they suck, I won't be able to do track days with the car with manual brakes. I thought the pads might be glazed so I swapped the pads out yesterday but the car doesn't stop much better than it did. The gear vendors quick working...again. The transmission leaks, the rear main seal is leaking, the geometry on the front end is off so it bump steers and wears the inside of the front tires. It needs a tune, I have a coolant leak as of last week and now its puking coolant which makes me think I have a blown head gasket. the list goes on and on. It's now personal. I will get the above items ironed out and I will force this car into something enjoyable to drive and own, but the idea of owning a realiable sports car is really appealing.

There are days where I love the car...and then there is today...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com