Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Awesome as always guys.

We should have a order for one of these rear subframes coming your way real soon. We want to sell the first one!

Country Flag: United States
      Matt, interesting exhaust! Headers into mufflers into 'X'?
      69 Camaro convertible, 410, M22, 8-pt cage therapy program. SOLD.
      68 camaro - SOLD
      67 Bel Air - New street project with perfect floors, frame and trunk!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dorion
      Matt, interesting exhaust! Headers into mufflers into 'X'?
      Yes, it's not something you see everyday. I was a bit worried about how it would sound, so I had it all tacked together first and fired the motor. Turned out to sound pretty darn good, lots of people comment on it.

The LS engine is pretty mild, so it's comfortable at cruise and idle.
      Matt Jones
      Mechanical Engineer
      Art Morrison Enterprises

Quote Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms
      Awesome as always guys.

We should have a order for one of these rear subframes coming your way real soon. We want to sell the first one!
      Thanks a bunch Frank!

Turns out the first two are already sold. Get this: The first is going into a real-deal ZL-1 COPO '69. Bought our front subframe as well!
      Matt Jones
      Mechanical Engineer
      Art Morrison Enterprises

Quote Originally Posted by silver69camaro
      The car still has 275mm tires in back. Maybe because I'm an engineer, but I try to stay away from excess.
      That made me laugh, I have a friend who's an engineer (In a different field), he would say exactly the same thing. It must be some sort of engineer conspiracy.

For whatever reason, some of us are different and tend to err on the side of form over function.

Thanks for the info

Have you swapped the suspensions yet? Any comparisons between the 3 and 4 links in driving experience?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoparCar
      Have you swapped the suspensions yet? Any comparisons between the 3 and 4 links in driving experience?

Thanks
      Any news?

Matt is driving the car with the 3-link setup right now and has about 600-700 miles on it already. He's out of the office now, but I'll have him chime in on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigMorrison
      Matt is driving the car with the 3-link setup right now and has about 600-700 miles on it already. He's out of the office now, but I'll have him chime in on this thread.
      any updated pics?

Any updates? I was thinking of buying it and was wondering how the tri 4-bar corners.

Honestly its very difficult to tell the difference between the triangulated 4-bar and the 3-link. If anything, the 3-link might have slightly more foward bite due to higher anti-squat, but that's about it. Lateral control feels the same (as it should) and it's just as easy to handle it on the edge at the apex. I'll see if I can get some new photos up.

Like I mentioned recently in the Lateral-G forums, the triangulated four-bar clip is a hands down winner. Cheaper, no floor cutting, and excellent handling. I think the true benefit of the three link is the ability to run spherical rod ends, which is awful on the street anyway.
      Matt Jones
      Mechanical Engineer
      Art Morrison Enterprises

Wish I had some photos on the lift, but I don't at this time. It's on jackstands right now getting some electronics upgrades, so I'll get some more.
      Matt Jones
      Mechanical Engineer
      Art Morrison Enterprises

I am sold on the clip and plan to order soon. Can you recommend subframe connector setup with this? It looks like you used some 2x4 tubing on your setup. I would rather not cut the floor pan so I was planning on using some Hotchkis connectors and modifying them to work with that crossmember. Would this be strong enough or should I just follow your lead and cut the floor?

We actually have 2x3 subframe connectors for this clip, and you do have to cut the floor. If you want all the stiffness you can get, you MUST cut the floor. It's not a real big job and it's well worth the effort.
      Matt Jones
      Mechanical Engineer
      Art Morrison Enterprises

Great, thanks for the advice. I will patiently await more pics.

What photos would you like?
      Matt Jones
      Mechanical Engineer
      Art Morrison Enterprises

I know I've asked before, but are you sure you won't make this rear clip for a direct fit e-body mopar any time soon?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoparCar View Post
      I know I've asked before, but are you sure you won't make this rear clip for a direct fit e-body mopar any time soon?

Thanks
      Heh, I'm sure. It's not that it can't be done or we don't want to, the problem is we're stuffed to the max and wont really be able to create any new projects until our new building is up and ready. We have just a couple bolt-on frames on the plans right now and wont be able to expand at the rate we'd like until probably next year.
      Matt Jones
      Mechanical Engineer
      Art Morrison Enterprises

Can you post some good pics of the tri 4 setup?

Quote Originally Posted by silver69camaro View Post
      It's about 5.25" between subframe and ground in this photo.
      Is that front or rear subframe clearance? How much ground clearance do you have at the ends of the coil over mounts?

Have you guys thought of how this would act with a 12 bolt with cast center? How much of a difference would you notice due to the axle end of the upper links moving outward?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com