Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

G-bar or G-link For Drag Racing

Guy's i love these two suspension set up's,just wondering if they would hold up to 1/8 mile drag racing,getting ready to do the suspension on my 69 camaro,it will not be a all out drag car but will see some drag racing,looking to make around 500 to 650 rwhp,any suggestion's.THANKS!

We sell quite a few G based rear suspensions. For you, G Link for sure. The G Link has added adjust ability the G Bar does not have.

Here are some pics of one we installed recently, you can see the adjust ability

Also, for drag racing especially. Plan to add double adjustable shocks for only $200 more.

Feel free to call and discuss

Thanks frank,what's the difference if any in the install of the G-link verse's the G-bar, the pics I've seen of the G-bar install don't look that bad,also frank I'll be using a 9in ford,oh one last thing are these is stock.THANKS

The install is equal. Neither G bar or G Link requires any cutting at all. Minor welding is all that is needed. See picture below.

The G Links ship pretty quick now. If you want a ready Fab 9 housing, that may take a few weeks. Or we can provide weld on brackets for your own 9"

When your ready, let me know. We will take care of you.

Cradle halves weld in and everything else bolts in.

Frank,

Is that pic a mini tubbed car, the frame does look narrow behind the bracket but the camera angle is thowing me off. Are the billet lower bars stronger than the ones shown in the pic? And is there a fixture for setting up rear end brackets for welding to a 12bolt, or do you install and tack, then remove and weld? what size weight springs do you normally ship with a 1st gen camaro? Is the rear sway bar a significant upgrade?

Thanks Rich

That is a mini tub car. The strongest and most adjustable kit is the G Link (steel bars). The G Billet is very stong but has limited adjusablitity due to the thinckness of the aluminum arms. Yes we have weld fixtures for the upper link brackets for both 12 bolt and 9" rears. We can send any weight springs you want, 200LBS is a good base weight, but really each car should be discussed to determne the best weight based on car weight and intended purpose. As for the sway bar, the sway bar is adjustable and will help with both drag and handling tuning.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com