Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
      Any updates? Shakedown miles, etc. Just wondering how it’s working out. Any speeding tickets? LOL!

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by chiva View Post
      Any updates? Shakedown miles, etc. Just wondering how it’s working out. Any speeding tickets? LOL!
      Yes, it has been getting miles! During the initial test driving it was maxing out near 3500 RPM and felt nowhere near 650 hp. An ECU scan showed a vehicle speed sensor error so engine was running in "limp mode". Ran great after the VSS was connected! It's rather tame below 50% throttle, beyond that it opens up, gets noisy and pulls hard. I've had limited freeway miles, mostly driving around the hills and coast of south Orange County, CA, and its been averaging about 15 MPG. I had a clear bra installed on the bottom half of the car as these tires are sticky and pick up everything.

Here is a picture of the Advanced Keys fob where I cut down a key to fit inside the fob (if needed for emergency). The Advanced Keys setup is nice, just walk up to the car and it unlocks, push the button to start, just like a new car.

Name:  IMG_1310.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  183.0 KB

Below are some recent pictures of the car.

Name:  IMG_2124.jpg
Views: 1152
Size:  223.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2125.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  159.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2126.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  133.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1154.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  205.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1156.jpg
Views: 1184
Size:  340.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1158.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  228.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1160.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  247.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1161.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  223.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1162.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  260.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1167.jpg
Views: 1120
Size:  205.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1356.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  247.3 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Nathan

1969 Chevrolet Camaro - lt4camaro.com - Instagram: @lt4camaro - Pro-Touring.com Build Thread

Awesome car!!!!!

Amazing build! I have a 68 RS/SS and I purchased those specific seats in xl, and the morris classic 3 point seat belts. I currently have 295 Outback, 335 would awesome, did you install the Detroit speed mini tubs? adding the ride tech 4 link with the tubs you were able to get the 335 to fit with no rub? I also want to do the double din and back up camera. I read in one of your posts you installed a modified Detroit speed adapter/bracket/mount in the dash? Why was this needed? The console is great also, the whole car is amazing. Thanks for your time, Mike

The car looks amazing! I love the drivetrain combo.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD73USA View Post
      Amazing build! I have a 68 RS/SS and I purchased those specific seats in xl, and the morris classic 3 point seat belts. I currently have 295 Outback, 335 would awesome, did you install the Detroit speed mini tubs? adding the ride tech 4 link with the tubs you were able to get the 335 to fit with no rub? I also want to do the double din and back up camera. I read in one of your posts you installed a modified Detroit speed adapter/bracket/mount in the dash? Why was this needed? The console is great also, the whole car is amazing. Thanks for your time, Mike

Thanks, Mike. Yes, it has DSE mini tubs with ridetech 4-link. No rubbing at all with 335s. In the summer of 2019 I replaced the 12 bolt rear end with a Ford 9 inch. With this setup it could fit slightly wider tires.

Name:  IMG_2384.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  278.8 KB

In regards to the dash, I had purchased the DSE dash insert but later decided I wanted the double DIN stereo as high as possible (to keep eyes on road) so that's why we modified the dash. In hindsight we could have just built a custom dash rather than modifying the DSE one.

Thanks for the compliment on the console. I had a custom console built in 2020 to get cup holders and a bin to hold/charge phone for use with Apple CarPlay. I also installed a Banks Power 66760 iDash 1.8 DataMonster (OBDII connection) which has been a wonderful digital gauge, data logger, and simple way to view or clear engine codes.

Name:  IMG_3156.JPG
Views: 285
Size:  137.4 KB

Name:  IMG_3164.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  449.5 KB
      Nathan

1969 Chevrolet Camaro - lt4camaro.com - Instagram: @lt4camaro - Pro-Touring.com Build Thread

Thanks for the post! I’m working on a 68. Thanks for all the pictures. It’s definitely giving me ideas and helping me make decisions . Congratulations on an Awesome build!

I love the new console, it looks great.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com