Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
      As a departure from the body I have started on the intake and headers fabrication.* The intake is most of the way done aside from the throttle body area.

Fixture for headers

I'm trying my best to keep the runners equali(ish) length.* Starting on the toughest side to make everything else go easier!* Some mustang v6 headers and a honda turbo manifold donated themselves to the cause.* I had the flanges for the exhaust and the intake runner "plates"*laser cut.* *

Country Flag: United States
      Very interesting.

Trying hard to get a nice symmetrical look. This is the more difficult side with space constraints so doing the "A" bank of the engine to match should not give much trouble.

Fantastic!
      Why do termites eat houses?

Because they have
      Munchausen Syndrome.

Love the fabrication in this build. Nice work!

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Thank you! Ryeguy

some photos of the header fabrication and I made a thin ferrari style shift lever between welds cooling off. I need to add the bends and v band flanges and build the rest of the exhaust but the hard part is done! The intake manifold I ended up chopping up and I'm re-doing most of the plenum.

Great work as usual! I love welding and fabrication, so I love seeing this progress. I was wondering about the intake you made as some of the runners were pointed in the opposite direction of the airflow. I was going to say something, but figured you had a plan for some internal baffling or something to re-direct. I'm curious to see what changes you made.

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Great work as usual! I love welding and fabrication, so I love seeing this progress. I was wondering about the intake you made as some of the runners were pointed in the opposite direction of the airflow. I was going to say something, but figured you had a plan for some internal baffling or something to re-direct. I'm curious to see what changes you made.
      Thank you! My understanding of fluid dynamics is not the best but the "smoothness" matters more than the direction. Everything is working in a vacuum! The design really is the same I was just not happy with it structurally and the fitment suffered. Now it slides easily onto the studs and the welds on the plenum sections are much tidier!

I have completed the intake manifold now. The welds are much better (well at least on the plenum, not where it connects to the runners!) It slides easily onto the studs in the heads which is the most important thing. It will be powder coated after I can leak test it when the engine is ready to start.

Very cool! What ECU will you be running for this build? I like that you integrated the LS style throttlebody. One thing to keep in mind is that particular style of throttlebody tends to have a loud whistling in the IAC port. It can be reduced by some porting and smoothing of the air passages, but can be quite loud if not modified. I went with a Nick Williams TB, and had no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Very cool! What ECU will you be running for this build? I like that you integrated the LS style throttlebody. One thing to keep in mind is that particular style of throttlebody tends to have a loud whistling in the IAC port. It can be reduced by some porting and smoothing of the air passages, but can be quite loud if not modified. I went with a Nick Williams TB, and had no issues.
      Thanks Ryeguy. I will be using MS3 Evo. It's hard to find anything with enough i/o and injector drivers that isn't $5000 +. I will be running it in sequential injection, wasted spark configuration. I will take that in consideration with the TB! I have a 2jzgte swapped car and the original IAC is VERY loud when it's vented to the atmosphere like I have it. It's not to bad once warm but a little bit whistly for sure... I will definitely be replacing the TPS and IAC with original ones not the Chinese stuff that came with it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com