Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      This is a great build. I love the color combination and the patina. I also see that your engine and transmission are gutted for mock up. that is super slick thinking. You just gave me an Idea to 3d print engines and transmissions in plastic for mockup situations like this.

Country Flag: United States
      Kind of silly to geek out about this....but I'm happy with the powdercoating results. lol

Although the engine bay cleaned up fairly nice, the driver's side inner fender had a lot of surface rust and some rust around the fender tag and under the battery tray. I briefly thought about just having the driver side inner fender painted but knew the colors wouldn't match so I figured now is the time to just do it once and do it right...I pulled everything out of the engine bay and hauled the charger over to my sheetmetal/paint guy. I had him delete the battery tray shelf since the battery will be in the trunk.

Fantastic work on a great car! Wow this thing is going to be a beast!

While the engine was getting prepped for paint, I realized that the only areas that haven't been cleaned up on this charger were the outsides of the front inner fenders and the bottom side of the front fenders. I got my needle scaler out and hit these areas to remove the undercoating. If you haven't used a needle scaler yet, you should try it. Just be sure to wear ear/eye protection and a mask. I made a short 3 min video on youtube to show how well a needle scaler does. I've used the torch/scraper before but never will again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com