Country Flag: United States
      That is a pretty car.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      That is a pretty car.
      Thank you!

'70 Maverick. Prestige Motorsports 347,TKX, Currie 9", 3:50 posi, RRS suspension. Strut front, center steer rack, 3 link torque arm rear, QA1's.

Here's our install and review video for converting to the 3 point retracting belts.

- - - Updated - - -

And the install and review video for the E-Stopp parking brake actuator.

'70 Maverick. Prestige Motorsports 347,TKX, Currie 9", 3:50 posi, RRS suspension. Strut front, center steer rack, 3 link torque arm rear, QA1's.

Finally finishing up the strut tower brace project I started a good while back. These cars had factory supports from the firewall to the towers. Those were deleted when the car was built. The towers are notched. Guess they thought that was good enough. The guys at RRS suspension were pretty adamant that the car needed bracing so I fabbed up supports from the firewall to the towers and across the towers. Thankfully enough room to fit the swedged rods between the Sniper and the distributor. The swedged rods, heim joints, spacers and nuts for the rods from Speedway. Couple chunks of 1/4" 6061 off Amazon and a bunch of stainless bolts and such from my local bolt and screw supply.

Country Flag: United States
      It's looking good Terry!

Quote Originally Posted by RMMiller View Post
      It's looking good Terry!
      Thank you! Been a little bit of a journey but I think we are winning!

Finally got around to making up some new plug wires. Not my favorite thing to do but 3 of the old ones were pretty toasty.

Playing in a world of high dollar custom wheels and 315's, here I am trying to make 255/45-17's work on the rear of our junk with the wheels we have. 17x8's with 4.5" backspacing is definitely not the right wheel for this car but here we are. 1/4" billet spacer and the 255's clear the inner wheelhouse and fill up the wheelwell opening better. Much happier with how this looks.

Heartbroken that I just couldn't make these 275/40-17's work with the wheels I have. Here next to the 245/45-17's that were on it.

Anyway, also have a bunch of stuff pulled and at one of my buddy's shops getting painted body color. Guess we'll see if this is a smart move or not in a few days.

Looking good. Are the fenders rolled?

Quote Originally Posted by TitanFox View Post
      Looking good. Are the fenders rolled?
      Thanks! Fronts are stock. Rears have the lip trimmed. They're just about 1/4" or so from about 10 to 2. Lots of clearance still. I really wanted to run 1/2" spacers but the studs are not long enough. Not worth changing the studs for 1/4" more.

Parts are back from paint and on the car. I fabbed and polished the new spears on the now body color valve covers and air cleaner from aluminum interior molding I found on Ebay. Color matched the black headlight doors, hood molding, hood nostrils and hood striker bracket. Also smoothed out the texture on the black front spoiler and did it body color. Hood latch and striker redone with stainless steel paint. Super happy with how all this came out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com