Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by Rumblin70SS View Post
      That is a killer RS.....nice and clean. I am not normally a fan of the ZR1 wheels, but they look killer on your car. What size are the wheels/tires/spacers you are using? They just fit perfect and I might go that direction on my IROC. While I'd love to have Fiske's for it, that budget isn't here for this car.
      Thanks Tony. The wheels are SLP ZR1 "type" wheels in 17x8 made for third-gens, so no spacers needed. They are not actually ZR1 factory wheels. Tires are BFGs 245-45 up front and 255-45 out back. I'm planning on swapping coil springs again in December to get little more lower, probably about another inch, and adding tubular a-arms up front. Eventually, I want to swap wheels and go with some Forgelines or Rushforths.

1989 Camaro RS Flashback

Corey

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post

I love this car. One of the cleanest third gens I've seen in a long time.

Thanks.
      Weekend projects aren't.

Streetfighter 3rd Gen.. in the house.

Can I haz moar pics plz!!!!! ^^^^^
      Brandon Pursley,

http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/index.php? He has got quite a few posts over on frrax "StanIROCZ"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post

Now that's a cool 3rd Gen! I'd love to see more details on how he ran the exhaust.

I like that red one. I want one like that sans ground effects with a front splitter to match the rear wing. Maybe some flares too?
      Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post

Me likey! This is what I have in mind for my '86 Z.
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Country Flag: Netherlands
      My engine is complete, all that's left is plumbing the intercooler to the pump and the cooler

Now for some new wheels (not posting which ones, prev. wheels were copied, I want something that no one else has on one of these cars as far as I know) and paint.

Because I'm always waiting on parts I decided to start on my 82 trans am to soup it up too.

Here it is, only lowered on stock 15s w/ a lowly 2bbl TBI equipped L98 vette short block w/ L98 iron F body heads. It's pathetic

The car is completely stripped down as far as interior, suspension & drivetrain goes. Everything is going back on either flat black (engine compartment & engine components) or semi gloss black (suspension) powdercoated. May even invest in some tubular arms and k member just for additional clearance. However, some of the items I've seen had mig welds that look just ok at best and the powdercoating covers up a lot.

I'm thinking about some large gold center BBS wheels for it. It's getting the same baer brakes as the camaro (I have a spare set so that's cheap) and I'm going to build a new engine for it, possibly something 400+ ci SBC based. I got some nifty Duggan heads that I may slap on w/ IDA throttle bodies directly on the heads (that's what they're set up for) otherwise it'll be regular SBC heads w/ either 1-3/4 lemons full length headers or 1-7/8 Hedman Hustlers (have both)

these are the duggan heads

I'm not 100% sure what to do w/ the rear susp. There's a juink 10 bolt non posi w/ drums in there now. I do have a complete C4 D44 IRS lying around but I also have a lot of C3 components left, althoigh heavier the C4 Eaton diff would not have a batwing to mount it, easier to fab up a custom crossmember. I also have a complete Guldstrand 5 bar for one, I'll have to do some measuements to see if possibly it fits. I didn't want to cut the car up, it's 100% rust free but some idiot already cut an access hole for the fuel pump, cut and modified the area where the fuel filler neck goes through (fixed that, I think it's part of a dealer tank recall that was done, a way to save time) and there were some other brackets and crap welded on here and there. I removed it all and fixed the areas but now that it's been welded on nothing is keeping me from getting into it.

Those Duggan heads look really neat. I'd try and use those just to be different.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Third gens are my fav Camaros... mine's not exactly a pro-touring, but here it is: 1991 B4C Camaro never put into service by the police. 14k miles, 305 TPI with 5-speed, stock. Maybe one day it'll get a slight drop and CCW Classics...

That is a very nice looking B4C you got there. Amazing it didn't get put into service. Might be one worth not changing at all.... a really rare car someday with low mileage.
      Brandon Pursley,

Since there's a little 3rd gen love I though I'd post one or two of mine.
      The only 3rd gen at RTTC 2, our first event ever (other than a super chevy autocross)...
      1988 GTA with a 383.

A better shot of the "ghost bird".

Our 1992 Camaro RS (355 with F1A Procharger... not for tight corners at the moment...)
      Valerie Pichette

1988 GTA LS3 (418 stroker)/ T56 - "DragonLady GTA"

Since someone mentioned the 92 RS, here's a couple of other shots. Some day this project will finally be finished... maybe...

and under the hood....

Good stuff, way to represent the third-gens at RTTC.
      1989 Camaro RS Flashback

Corey

Quote Originally Posted by 89 RS View Post
      Good stuff, way to represent the third-gens at RTTC.
      Brandon Pursley,

Here's my '86. It's not much, just cut one coil from each spring and added the 18" Intros and Nittos...

Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      Here's my '86. It's not much, just cut one coil from each spring and added the 18" Intros and Nittos...

Herb I think that this car would look killer if you painted the wheel centers the same darker grey of the body, and brushed the wheel hoops. If this car ends up anything like the rest of your builds I'm already getting a semi LOL
      Brandon Pursley,

Herb,
      That looks nice and clean. I like the color combo. I will also second what Brandon said. That would also be a cool look.
      Stephen

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com