Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze View Post
      Is the right front tire backwards? Looks like there should be left and right specific tires with that tread pattern.

Nice build UMI!
      Thanks!

They aren't now, they could be in a picture, not a 100% sure. They put the wheels and tires on quick because they were excited to see what it looked like .

Ryan
      UMI Performance
      www.umiperformance.com

Join us on Facebook!

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by UMI Performance View Post
      Hello Everyone,

I thought I would share one of our 3rd gen builds on this thread as well. We did this car this spring, it was a time stressed car and was built in a 4 month period. The car is owned by Chris and Mark Houser, Chris is our Marketing and Advertising director here and Mark is the General Manager of our shop. The car was Chris's first car and she bought it back in 1986, she sold it and bought it back a few years ago. More pictures can be found on our Facebook page in the link below.

Thanks for looking!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1448642&type=3
      Nice looking car. I hate that hood, but the rest of it looks great! I'm gonna go look at the rest of that build now
      Brandon Pursley,

Quote Originally Posted by BADNBLK View Post
      Nice looking car. I hate that hood, but the rest of it looks great! I'm gonna go look at the rest of that build now
      Thanks! We still have some adjusting to do on the hood. We have it fitting a little better now but it still needs some tweaking. We are waiting on the body guy to free up to work with it a little. We will also be doing a photo shoot with it this spring, I will post those pictures as well.
      Ryan
      UMI Performance
      www.umiperformance.com

Join us on Facebook!

Yeah the "turbo" hood is not well liked amongst most hardcore 3rd geners!

I want a stock style IROC hood that will use the louvers in fiberglass, don't think anyone makes one though. I would replace my Jongblod hood for one.
      1971 Camaro 427 in waiting
      1988 C1500 Daily Driver
      1955 Bel Air, blown BBC street car

Is the right front tire backwards? Looks like there should be left and right specific tires with that tread pattern.

Nice build UMI!
      Looks like the car is shod with Nitto NT01's. If that is the case, the tires are on correctly. There isn't a directional tread pattern on them just inside and outside.

Here are pictures of my new 1992 California Highway Patrol EVOC Camaro #892921. The car spent 18 years at the CHP Academy in Sacramento. The car has 32K original miles. The car has had numerous engines, several transmissions and rear-ends when in EVOC service at the academy. The car was primered by the CHP for use as a "rabbit" car after EVOC service at the academy. The car was equipped with a full cage, Simpson belts and more. The car was never a street patrol car.

Below is a CHP produced video in which my Camaro is the lead car and only Camaro in the video. The stars of the video are the Mustangs. I also owned the Camera car Mustang in the video that some of you may have seen at the Pigeon Forge events. This video shows how this Camaro spent its entire Police In-Service life!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DOMBA72Axw
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

I guess had a Pro Touring car before I had ever heard of the term. I built this car in 2000. It was an '89 RS that ended up getting a transplanted 327 with ported fuelie heads, with an old Crane Compucam, a 454 TBI 2" throttle body, custom burned PROM, headers and Flowmaster cat back. It had 17 X 9.5 and 17 X 12 three piece SEC racing wheels, with 335/35 ZR17 Michelin Pilots on the rear and 275/40 ZR17's on front. I am machinist, and I fabricated offset lower control arms (the 335's rubbed the LCA), panhard bar, torque arm, and strut tower brace and built a pair of LCA relocation brackets for that car. It had Bilstein struts and shocks, and Hotchkis springs. It is still by far the best handling car I've ever had. I wish I had never sold it. We had a house fire in 2010, and I lost all of my past project pics. Here's two that I was able to find that I posted on thirdgen.org back in like 2001. I had tons of pics documenting the build. The rear shots of the car looked awesome with those 335's. It took quite a bit of motivation to fit them. The inner wheelwell was heavily massaged, and the I flared the quarter panel almost an inch, but not one person that saw the car ever noticed it. I built a big snatch hammer with a hook that fit perfectly in the inner wheel lip and slowly tapped it out. It turned out really nice. Its amazing the stuff I'd try when I was in my 20's and no wife and kids to support! -lol
      Attached Images Attached Images    

After I little digging, I found some rear shots on my old thirdgen account. This car also ended up with a SS hood. I was going to paint it silver (I photoshopped waht it would look like) and put '91-92 ground effects, but I got married and I ended up selling it around 2003.

After seeing these for the firt time years, I really miss it now!

EDIT: The pics where the car appears lighter were after I put the Hotchkis springs and Bilsteins on it. They stopped makig those wheels probably 10 years ago. They were 3 peice and came bolted together with stainless ARP 12 point headed bolts They were $379 for the fronts and $399 for the rears 13 years ago. I had more than I care to admit in those tires and wheels, but I loved them.

This second pic is before I flared the quarters. They stuck more than I liked, but you can see how wide the tires were.

Quote Originally Posted by Project92rs View Post
      Looks like the car is shod with Nitto NT01's. If that is the case, the tires are on correctly. There isn't a directional tread pattern on them just inside and outside.
      Seems like there should be left and right tires then.
      1988 C1500 Daily Driver

Seems like there should be left and right tires then.
      Oddly enough, they are marked inside and outside but not left and right so it looks like one side is on facing the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
      Here are pictures of my new 1992 California Highway Patrol EVOC Camaro #892921. The car spent 18 years at the CHP Academy in Sacramento. The car has 32K original miles. The car has had numerous engines, several transmissions and rear-ends when in EVOC service at the academy. The car was primered by the CHP for use as a "rabbit" car after EVOC service at the academy. The car was equipped with a full cage, Simpson belts and more. The car was never a street patrol car.

Below is a CHP produced video in which my Camaro is the lead car and only Camaro in the video. The stars of the video are the Mustangs. I also owned the Camera car Mustang in the video that some of you may have seen at the Pigeon Forge events. This video shows how this Camaro spent its entire Police In-Service life!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DOMBA72Axw
      One of the former drivers of that car is on here and got a kick out of seeing that thing. He was driving a 3rd gen at RTTC and did really good:

-James

1974 Z28 SCCA C Prepared
      1990 Firebird NASA CMC
      2005 Mustang GT SCCA F-Street (new for 2015)
      1989 Civic Si SCCA STC

Quote Originally Posted by 67GTO4SPD View Post
      After I little digging, I found some rear shots on my old thirdgen account. This car also ended up with a SS hood. I was going to paint it silver (I photoshopped waht it would look like) and put '91-92 ground effects, but I got married and I ended up selling it around 2003.

After seeing these for the firt time years, I really miss it now!

EDIT: The pics where the car appears lighter were after I put the Hotchkis springs and Bilsteins on it. They stopped makig those wheels probably 10 years ago. They were 3 peice and came bolted together with stainless ARP 12 point headed bolts They were $379 for the fronts and $399 for the rears 13 years ago. I had more than I care to admit in those tires and wheels, but I loved them.
      I really like the look of those wheels on there. Really impressed you were able to beat that inner fender enough to tuck those in. I bet pulling the 1/4 was scary at first. Nice post man. You got a link to your thread on TGO?
      Brandon Pursley,

I really like the look of those wheels on there. Really impressed you were able to beat that inner fender enough to tuck those in. I bet pulling the 1/4 was scary at first. Nice post man. You got a link to your thread on TGO?
      Thanks! Yeah it was, but it turned out really nice. I don't have any build threads or anything (I never really thought to do that back then), but my username on TGO is Basett_Racing. Here are few threads that I posted pics of it, but they they no longer show up. I found these pics by putting Basett_Racing into a Google image search.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/au...tml#post668604

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/au...ood-scoop.html

I just found a few more pics also. One with the SS hood, the offset LCA's I fabricated before welding, the RS in drag trim, a custom dash emblem for my 82 Z28 with a 383, and a pic of my '82 Z28. I still have the '82. It was my first car, and I've owned it for over 20 years.

I'm really glad this thread inspired me to search these pics. I haven't seen many of them in years.

Quote Originally Posted by TTOP350 View Post
      Mine aren't camaros but I have a thing for 3rdgen Formula and a few T/As..

Attachment 68546Attachment 68547Attachment 68548Attachment 68549
      I wanna see some better pics of that '91/'92 Firehawk!

Finally putting my third gen back together.

355 TPI t-5

Got a thread started on TGO.

Porting my stock base and SLP runners now.
      1988 C1500 Daily Driver

http://www.camaroperformers.com/feat...camaro-iroc-z/
      Here is my newest Camaro. 88 IROC Donovan all aluminum dry sump motor, Doug Nash roadrace 5 speed, 9" Ford rearend, EVOD wheels, Nitto tires, Hotchkis swaybars and panhard bar, in the last 2 months (since these photos and article) I upgraded to complete coilover suspension from QA1 and adjustable torque arm. Car is fully caged and braced underneath.
      Shaun

I love it Shawn! I have commented on almost every post you have put up about it on FB. Very cool car for sure and the back story is pretty neat too
      Brandon Pursley,

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post
      whooooooaaaaaaahhhhhh..........

glad i made this thread
      I've just been reading the thread I've got an 86 z28, do you live in japan?

Most recent pic of mine...

I put together 3rd generation BBQ, Car show, and cruise a couple weekends ago. Couple cool pics of the shop and some of the 23 cars we had here.

Brandon Pursley,

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com